Aug 31, 2009

Where do I see myself in 5 years??

Yesterday my bishop asked me, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" I really did not have a clear answer. I said "well,.. I want kids even if I need to adopt, I want to get married (followed by, I don't know if I will EVER find anyone to marry) I get bored of guys easily,.. anyway continuing... I also said I want to travel. LAME!! I am usually a girl with a plan but apparently not a five year plan. Well actually lately (within the last year) I have not planned or made goals,.. I am just kind of winging it.

After a lot of thought and after an anonymous text saying I should blog more,.. here it is, my 5 year plan.

Family: As stated above I want kids, realistically no more then 2 as I don't want to be a stressed out mom with no breaks for myself. But I will be the type of mom that adopts all the neighborhood kids,.. so really I will have approximately 36 kids.

Marriage, well I would love to get married BUT I am kind of doubtful at the moment. FYI I am happy being single and self sufficient so to settle is just not something I would ever do. For me to get married, I would need to find a best friend with many common interests. I love me time, so no one clingy. I will need lots of cuddles and laughter. If he has a lot of negative debt other then car, house and student loans I would have issues with this. I have to be attracted and most importantly do I love his family??

I want to have a better relationship with my immediate family,.. I call my mom almost daily BUT I have a big family and I don't know them as I would like to. So my goal here is to talk to every member of my immediate family +steps on my dad's side at least 2x a month. (optimally this would be weekly)

Career: Right now I am a lead with eBay and I really like my job. I will work with eBay for at least the next 3 years. I want to become a supervisor with eBay and with all the growth and my work ethic this will be easy! eBay however does not have part time positions and with me planning on kids I will need a part time position. Looking back at past jobs,.. I was happiest in the travel industry so this is a likely part time future possibility. OR I would have my own business.

School: I am 1 class away from an associates!! It's a computer class, I need to test out of this class... then I am done!!

For a BA I am still deciding on a travel BA or a business BA. I will have to decide by next sem cause I need to get started,.. time to start filling out scholarship apts! Westminster costs $25k a year!!! I am not sure what the U costs but those are the two schools I have in mind and I would rather NOT get a student loan.

Travel: I love seeing new places. I love the history, the culture and the adventure!! The rest of this year I will say Vegas and Moab.

Within the next five years I want to go back to NY and HI, do a Europe trip and a trip to Asia, with lots of smaller trips but those would be the big ones!

I am not opposed to moving out of Utah if the opportunity presents itself. I love UT but,..


Finances: Money is tight right now but my only debt is my house and car. If I can increase my income by $300 and double my car payment I can have my car paid off in 18 months. I can then take an extra $600 to put towards the principal on my 2nd mortgage or another investment.

I have stocks I have a 401k and they are both doing really great. I want to invest in real estate. I love house projects so I want to find fixer upper houses for about $100k or lower in a neighborhood where the average home sells for about 30k more then the purchase price. I have a real estate license, I just need the finances to do this. I have thought about speaking to my dad as an investment partner.

In 5 years I want: My car paid off, $2000 in an emergency savings fund, and to have bought 3 investment homes,... which I may rent out or flip.


Physical: This year with all the free food (dates) and summer BBQ's I weight more now then I have ever weighed (125) My ideal weight is 99-109 (I am short, remember this before you judge) I need to work out more, I am really active and I have a high metabolism so shedding 20lbs should only take 2 months. Time to get started (I did workout this morning)

Also my hair is medium length,.. I want it long.

And this is embarrassing to say as it is sometimes looked down on, but I totally want a boob job. I took the boob pills once and they worked (I DO NOT RECOMMEND, it messes up your hormones and your girls will shrink once you stop) But I loved the way it looked and the way I felt,.. so I want one. Just to clarify it has nothing to do with attracting guys,.. I am beautiful enough already this would be for me!!

2 comments:

Derek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Derek said...

Interesting plan Terah. You seem like a go getter. Thanks for updating the blog. I'm excited to follow you.

I think you've inspired me to type out a 5 year plan, whether or not it's an actual "stick to it" plan, or just a way for me to throw some thoughts together, to see how they evolve over the next few months.